02 October 2009

Flu POO!

I am pretty sure I should be sanding the damn credenza (the one that belonged to my great grandma, the one that has been in the garage since late July, the one taking up my husband's parking spot) right now. I am hand sanding. Really wish I could plug in the power sander but the kid is sleeping and the credenza is in the garage right below his room. Damn. Been sanding for an hour...time to goof off at the computer while the tiger is sleeping.

Rowan and I went to go get flu shots at the Take Care Clinic today. We waited 2 hours! Please imagine 2 hours waiting in Walgreens with a two year old boy (play mini violin). We managed. Rowan was SUCH A GOOD BOY. After waiting, and waiting, and waiting we see the nurse practitioner who tells us we are getting one of the last vaccines. Well...that was worth half the wait. Not that I am so inclined to wait for a SHOT. Now, I turn white and get light headed just LOOKING at a needle and I have to put on a brave face for my son? No problem. Get the shot, the nurse does pretty good. I do pretty good considering I got it standing up. My little angel of a son takes his shirt off, sits on my lap and says "My turn for sharp in the arm." He lets me hold his hands down and the nurse tells him to watch my face. She pokes him with the needle, he turn and watches the vaccine go in then she removes the needle. What a dude! Then HOWL! My poor baby exclaims, "She hurt me." My sentiments exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment