08 December 2009

Jenga All the Way

Well, my friends it has been a while. I have been dreaming in blog.
Thanksgiving has come and gone ushering in a very cold December. (To honor the cold weather I wore two sweaters and an undershirt today.) Thanksgiving was in Illinois this year at my Mom's house. We packed in 18 members of our extended family, added turkey, whine, wine and hoped for a non-violent outcome. You see, visiting my Mom's is a bit like having a holiday in the 1920's when TV was a luxury (because there is no TV or internet.) and people were forced to interact. Knowing this leaves you a few options:
1. Talk to your relatives (that is out)
2. Drink (always in)
3. Go for long walks along the lake in the cold and rain (sounds inviting)
4. Listen to football on the radio
5. Play JENGA!Turns out stacking wooden blocks is not only fun for small children under 3 but also for consenting adults. It also provides ample opprotunity for all those other relatives watching to, yet again, offer unsolicited advice.

In all seriousness, It was wonderful to catch up with my family. It even made me a little home sick for the mid-west where some of the friendliest an kind hearted people live. Now, if only there was more sunshine in Illinois.....

No comments:

Post a Comment