16 February 2010

Fruits of Actions

In 2003 I graduated from Colorado State with a masters of occupational therapy. My family presented me with a wonderful gift of a digital camera, an Olympus C5050 Zoom. Back in the day it was the creme de la creme of cameras. Practically a SLR. Over the years this camera has brought me such joy and endured drop after drop onto various surfaces. One day after the last and most fateful drop the hook that holds the battery casing broke. After months of brain storming (Sept 09 to Feb 10) I came up with a plan to salvage the camera. The plan was incredibly ingenious!
Using black elastic, black snaps, thread and super glue I created this solution:

It securely held the camera body and battery cover in place.

The placement of the snaps took a few tries but in the end it worked. While sewing I decided to turn the camera off. After the completion of the project I turn the camera back on. The lens starts out with a grind and whirl and is followed by a BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!. NOOOOOOO!!!!!! So much for renew and reuse.
I guess the camera is done for after all. There must be a karmic lesson hidden some where or life is preparing me for bigger challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment