10 February 2010

Happy

Over the course of the past month my son has become a little bit of a mama's boy. Demanding just a few more minutes and one trip back to his bedside each night. Last night after returning home from Pilates and a trip to Target, R woke up from the sound of the garage door. I was none to happy to run up stairs and scoop him up for our nightly (BAD HABIT) ritual. I open the door to his room and ask
"What's going on?"
"Mama?"
"Yes."
He quickly gathers his blankets and stands up to be picked up. We nestle into the rocking chair for a quiet cuddle.
I nuzzle the top of his hair breathing in his scent and murmur, "You make my heart happy."
He responds, "I am your happy."
All determination to get R back in bed slips down my spine and pools at my feet. We rock away quietly and in the comfort of each others presence. Mother and son.
Sigh.

1 comment: