08 June 2009

On a Deeper Note

Things have changed drastically in the last decade leaving some people behind in the dust. While sitting in the dust mound with the taste of dirt in my mouth I got to thinking. The art of communication has been defunct. A few years ago (by this I mean 10) all I used to do was hang out with my friends and talk at length about politics or religion or ice cream. Our cell phones and crack berries did not ring or buzz non stop interrupting conversation. It was just us in a world standing still. We paid attention and listened without the distraction of technology. It makes me sad to think about the effort it takes at times merely to get together face to face (rather than FB) with a friend. Far greater distances have been traveled than just across town. What is worse is reading blogs to find out about the latest in each others lives rather than making a phone call or better yet getting together for a cup of coffee.
People wonder why there is such a void or a feeling of longing in their lives.
Perhaps it is because the people are missing.
Maybe it is time to put the human back in humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment