06 June 2009

One

Did I mention I tried to burn the house down the other day?
Last Friday in fact. I decide to make some brew for the hummingbird that never comes to my yard (but sits on the fence). I put 4 cups water with 1 cup sugar and set it to boil. As I turn on the stove I think "I'm going to forget about this" and walk away. Rowan and I go outside to play. About an hour and a half later in the middle of some extreme pruning I hear this high pitched beeping sound. What in the world is that?! Open the sliding glass door and smoke pours out. It is so thick I can't see and the smell burns my throat. I run and turn off the stove and start opening windows, doors and the garage. I am shocked no one called 911 because it looked as if the house were on fire. Smoke filled every room but the basement. The house airs out for several days before the campfire smell went away. The microwave still smells each time I use it and the stove has yellow smoke damage on it.
The pan is a caphalon ONE and is still in tact. I am a customer for life.
Here is a picture or two of the sugar water in the shape of the pan.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Neve, that is so scary! And so something I would do.

    ReplyDelete