24 January 2010

Sunday Reds and Blues

Sundays make me crabby. Just plain crab-assity. Of course today was no exception. My morning was spent apologizing to Jason in advance, deep breathing and biting my tongue. Managed to make pancakes for breakfast, get the kid dressed and drag my feet getting clothes on myself. Sunday grocery shopping...yippie. Make it out the door about an hour and a half after making the plan to go. Super. The husband is asking me if I want to take a ski lesson on the way to Vitamin Cottage. Glaring at him I tell him to ask me on Wednesday. My agitation is bubbling up until we pull into the parking lot and there it is all shiny and red.....
West Metro Fire Rescue
Leaping out of the car I get the kid out of the back seat. We get out and look at the wee-ooo weee-ooo. I can hardly contain myself. We run inside to go find the driver. Look! There he is! Mr. Firefighter walks over and shakes Rowan's hand. Speechless. Rowan tells me we are going to the fire station later tonight as we walk away. But it gets better - after shopping around for a few minutes the fire guys are leaving. I pick Rowan up and we run outside to watch the truck leave.
Standing out in front of Vitamin Cottage the fire guys turn on their lights. Too cool. Then the door opens and one of the fire guys gets out and asks Rowan if he want to come get inside his truck! No way! Rowan is smiling ear to ear. We sat in the truck and tried the fire guys hat on. Rowan even got a badge. What nice guys. We even called Grandpa Randy to let him know we got in the fire engine.
Funny thing, as we drove away I think I saw my crabby attitude laying in the parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment